When you are ready to begin invoicing NFWF for funds, complete a payment request form and submit it via Easygrants following the instructions below. If you want to submit a payment request for a project for which you are not the primary contact, please contact your Grant Administrator.
You may request funds for reimbursement at any time and for any amount up to the final 10% of the total award amount, which is typically held back until final reports are submitted. If you wish to request an advance, you must detail how the funds will be used and provide justification and a timeline for expected disbursement of these funds. A request of an advance of funds must be due to an imminent need of expenditure.
In order to be eligible for payment, you must have a signed agreement with NFWF, have a completed Vendor Setup Form on file with NFWF, and have submitted any required reports. If you have not completed one or more of these tasks, please contact your Grant Administrator for assistance.
NFWF makes payments at the beginning of the month and in the middle of the month, except for the month of January, in which NFWF makes payments only in the middle of the month.
If you request an electronic payment (rather than a check) and your project has multiple funding sources (which are identified on page one of your grant agreement), you may receive multiple electronic payments that total the amount you requested.
- When you are ready to begin invoicing NFWF for funds, complete a payment request form. This form is also available for download in the Submit Payment Request task in Easygrants.
- Log in to Easygrants. (Note that only official contacts for a project will have access to create a Submit Payment Request task. If you are not an official contact, please contact your Grant Administrator.)
- Click on the “My Grants” tab and then click on Easygrants ID for the grant for which you would like to request payment.
- In the dropdown menu "Grantee Requests/Actions," choose "Submit Payment Request", and click the "Request" button.
- Easygrants will confirm you want to start a new payment request. Click “OK” to continue. You will be redirected to the Submit Payment Request task.
- On the Uploads page, follow the instructions in the task to download the payment request template and upload the completed payment request and supporting documentation.
- On the Expenditure Details page, enter your expenditures to date as compared to your approved project budget. Note that you should include all expenditures to date whether or not you have received NFWF funds for those expenses.
- On the Match page, enter Federal and Non-federal match expended on the project to date along with any relevant notes on the progress made toward the matching contributions requirement.
- On the Certification page to certify your submission.
- When you are finished, go to the "Review and Submit" page and hit the submit button to send this request to the Foundation.
- You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com when the task has been successfully submitted.
- To access an incomplete payment request, log in to Easygrants, then under the "My Tasks" section locate and click on the blue link for the "Payment Request" task. The Easygrants ID number for the project will be displayed to the left of the task name.
- To print a hard copy of your Payment Request, log in to Easygrants, click View All Tasks, and click the View PDF button to the right of the Submit Payment Request task.
- Email your Grant Administrator with any questions.