Effective date: October 15, 2020
When using our Site, you may voluntarily supply information about yourself, including your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, financial information, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information when you submit a donation, apply for a grant, send an email to us requesting information, or interact with us for any other purpose.
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To process your donation;
- To respond to your inquiries including about employment opportunities, partnership opportunities, or grant opportunities;
- To send you marketing emails that you have opted in for;
- To provide and improve our services, including to provide better programs and opportunities to visitors to our Sites;
- To operate, personalize, and improve our Sites, including for analytics purposes and detecting demographic trends;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Sites; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With third party vendors who process data on our behalf, such as email service providers, payment processors, or job applicant platforms;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
NFWF provides site visitors with a secure server environment when making online donations. NFWF uses industry standard encryption method --Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) -- for secure transfer of financial data between your web browser and our web servers.
You have the following choices regarding the use of your information at the browser level. Your ability to navigate our site may be limited.
You may set your browser to: inform you when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored;
not accept cookies at all; and erase all cookies from your hard drive. However, if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate our site may be limited.
To opt out of our marketing emails, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message.
We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of our Sites and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. NFWF uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of our Sites and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Links and Tools
Our Sites may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on our Sites. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
1625 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20006